- Turn off power to the electrical outlet receptacle at the circuit breaker or fuse panel (do not assume that all outlets in one room are on the same circuit). Please keep in mind that electrical outlets wear out. After years of use the outlet will lose its grip, and may pose a hazard. Have a licensed electrician replace the outlet receptacle if it is worn.
- Remove existing wallplate.
- If access hole in the wall has rough edges, smooth with sandpaper so that the Kid-E-CoverTM will seat flush with wall.
- To ensure proper fit of the Kid-E-CoverTM to the electrical outlet receptacle, tighten screws that attach the electrical outlet receptacle to the junction box inside the wall so that the electrical outlet receptacle is mounted flush to the wall.
- Place Kid-E-CoverTM over the electrical outlet receptacle and attach with a #6-32 x .75” long screw.
- Turn on power to the electrical outlet receptacle.
- Pull the tab located on the side of the Kid-E-CoverTM to align the holes of the internal shutter with the holes on the face of the Kid-E-CoverTM.
- Insert electrical plug firmly into the electrical outlet receptacle so that the electrical plug is mounted flush the Kid-E-CoverTM and there are no gaps between the Kid-E-CoverTM and the electrical plug.
- To remove electrical plug, pull plug firmly. Upon removal, the internal shutter automatically snaps closed to prevent access to the outlet receptacle.
If you have any little ones in your home, I recommend that you keep them safe by installing Kid-E-Covers over every outlet in your home. You can purchase your Kid-E-Covers here http://elicole.com/Store.html or from Amazon.com