Soap Box Dragsters
Leave the competition in the dust with these fun and creative racers.
Powered by a blast of air, these little racers can really move, making a
clean getaway as soon as you set them down! Kids can assemble a
bunch, then host their own mini derby. Ready… Set… Go!
- A box from a bar of soap
- Colored plastic tape
- Small number stickers
- Sharpened pencil
- Two 5-inch lengths of wooden skewer
- White glue
- Four 1-inch wooden beads with 1/8-inch
- Cylindrical balloon
- Bendable drinking straw
1. For each racer, decorate a soap box with colored-tape racing stripes and stick-on numbers.
2. Next, use the pencil tip to poke 2 axle holes on each side of the box, ¼ inch from each end and
¼ inch up from the bottom. Push a skewer section through each set of holes.
3. For wheels, glue beads onto the ends of the axles, then let the glue dry.
4. Blow up the balloon a couple of times to stretch it out, and stick the bendy end of the straw into
5. Use tape to seal the balloon to the straw, then tape the straw to the top of the box.
6. To set your vehicle in motion, inflate the balloon through the straw, then pinch the end, set the
car on a hard surface, and let it go!
Here is what will be in the winners swag pack!!
Like Cars on Facebook and tell them who your favorite Cars character is!!! Then come back here and leave me your email with this entry!!!!
Follow me on