GREAT GAMES TRADE-IN
Is your game of Sorry! looking, well, a little sorry? Or maybe the Cavity Sam in your game of Operation looks like he needs to take a trip to the ER. Whether you’re missing some money in your Monopoly game or letter tiles from the Scrabble game, it may be time to replace that worn and well-loved game with a brand new one. Luckily for you and your family, the Great Games Trade-In is here to make recycling and upgrading games as easy as can be! Throughout the month of September, visit FamilyGameNight.com to print up to $83 in coupons, as well as prepaid shipping labels to easily recycle your old games. You’ll learn how to recycle your old, worn-out games with Recyclebank to make plenty of room in your freshly cleaned game closet for brand spankin’ new games! The 22 Great Games Trade-In coupon offers can be redeemed at mass merchandise retailers nationwide through October 9. And with all of these savings, you’ll even have extra spending money for treats and decorations for your big National Family Game Night celebration!
NATIONAL FAMILY GAME NIGHT
Want to put those brand new games from the Great Games Trade-In to use? National Family Game Night is the perfect occasion! On September 28, we invite you to join families across the nation to unplug and unwind as you spend quality time together playing a new game. Between the pressures and demands of work, school and activities, it can be hard to find time to reconnect as a family. Hasbro wants to help everyone in America create this special and important time, and is supplying great savings on new games to ensure this year’s National Family Game Night is a success in every home!
GAME CLOSET ORGANIZATION TIPS
All you really need for a successful Family Game Night are good friends and family and your favorite games! But if getting to your games or finding the one everyone is dying to play is derailing the fun in your house, it might be time for a game closet makeover. Alison Deyette, a lifestyle expert and author of the blog “Ali on the Go,” shares a few tips to ensure you’re prepared for Family Game Night fun time and time again.
1. Store Games in an Easily Accessible Location: Keep all your games in one place, such as a closet or storage ottoman. If you don’t have the closet space for a designated area for family games, consider storing your games near the TV in an ottoman with a lift-off top, or in a large trunk or storage bin. That way, it’s easy to get to a game when the family is looking for something to do together, or when your favorite show is over.
2. Assign Shelves in the Game Closet: Designate each shelf in the family game closet for a particular game category. With separate shelves for word games, party games and active games without a box, everyone knows where each game goes and clean up is quick and easy! Consider keeping games for the little ones on lower shelves so they can grab them on their own for spontaneous play at any time.
3. Store Games Side by Side: To ensure games are easy to see and grab from the shelf, store board game boxes side by side vertically, similarly to books on a bookshelf. This way, every game is easily accessible and you don’t have to worry about trying to pry one game from the middle or bottom of a stack.
4. Find a Place for Small Game Pieces: Want to ensure you never lose those Scrabble tiles or Monopoly houses again? Use plastic tote boxes to store smaller playing items like these, as well as dice, timers and pawns. You can also use a fishing tackle box to keep all the tiny pieces separated and safe between Family Game Nights.
5. Create a Binder to Store Game Directions: Place the directions from each game in a clear sheet protector. Alphabetize the sheets by the name of the game so directions are easy to find when you need a reminder about who goes first in The Game of Life or how much money each player starts with in Monopoly.
6. Find Time in Your Busy Schedule for Family Game Night: Plan ahead to make sure you’re completely organized before everyone sits down at the table for Family Game Night. Make all of the treats the day before and place everything in personalized goodie bags to ensure each guest is accounted for. Also, determine which games you’re going to play ahead of time and set everything out the night before to increase everyone’s excitement for the big night!
Cleaning out your game closet is sure to unearth some games that are ready to be replaced, such as the Candy Land game that Mom and Dad played growing up, or the Monopoly game missing the racecar and shoe tokens. The Great Games Trade-In is a great way for families to adopt green habits by sending in old games to be recycled. By teaming up with Recyclebank, the company that rewards people for taking everyday green actions with discounts and deals from local businesses and national brands, Hasbro makes it easy for families to get a fresh, new board game for National Family Game Night while keeping their wallets full and their environmental footprints small.
Most board games include components that are easy to recycle, like cardboard and plastic. By printing a prepaid shipping label from FamilyGameNight.com during the Great Games Trade-In and pledging to recycle your old game, you can earn points with Recyclebank and eventually cash in these green points for retail rewards. Recyclebank has partnered with a materials recovery center to ensure everything received will be disposed of in a professional manner by qualified personnel and in accordance with industry standards. If it’s recyclable, Recyclebank will do right by it.
For more information on recycling and how you can make it an everyday part of your family’s life, please visit www.Recyclebank.com.
For more details about the Great Games Trade-In, information about new games and a daily dose of Facebook-style game play, “Like” us on Facebook and check in often to stay up to speed on all things Family Game Night. During the month of September, in addition to game play we will be your number one and nonstop source for information about the Great Games Trade-In, tips on preparing for National Family Game Night and game recommendations for the big night. Let the countdown for National Family Game Night begin!
Happy Gaming, Saving and Recycling!
Be sure to find Hasbro Games on the web at FamilyGameNight.com, as well as at:
Family Game Night: www.facebook.com/familygamenight
Trivial Pursuit: www.facebook.com/trivialpursuit
Trivial Pursuit: www.twitter.com/trivialpursuit_