It’s getting to be that time of year ladies. It’s the biggest game of the year, where the two best teams in all of football get together and slug it out for the right to hold the Lombardi trophy to the masses, and 4-5 hours of the biggest stage in television – and I could not care less. The Super Bowl is more of a social event than anything. Sure the game is part of it, but the advertisements and showy music performances are also a large part of Super Bowl Sunday. While some ladies enjoy tagging along (or even enjoying) this particular Sunday each year, many certainly don’t. That’s why ladies should think about throwing a party of their own! Anti-Super Bowl party is way too snarky, so let’s call it the ASB – alternative to Super Bowl.
Finger Foods without the Dudes
While fried chicken wings, onion rings, and sausages are always a tasty treat sometimes those fatty or fried foods aren’t so compatible with our New Year’s health-related resolutions. Leave that to the guys. For the ladies, here are some ideas that are no less mouth-watering but much better for our bodies. The two dips are better served as appetizers but the bottom three are more of an entrée-appetizer hybrid which can be used either way:
- Pita Chips with Lobster/Roasted Corn Dip
- Bacon-Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
- Greek Goddess Salad (with savory grilled and marinated chicken)
- Crab Cakes with Seafood Sauce
Flicks just for us Chicks
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. It’s just too hilarious to exclude!
- 13 Going on 30. Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo are wonderful together.
- Moulin Rouge. The music is great and can be used as background music while crafting!
- Pitch Perfect. Corny and charming doesn’t even begin to capture this entertaining film!
- Bridesmaids. It’s like the ladies version of The Hangover.
Creative Crafts and Simple Laughs
Eating tasty foodstuffs and watching comical films are both staples of a fun party for the ladies. But throwing in a little production can help prevent this little get-together from being one of those ‘Need to check my Facebook every 5 minutes’ types of parties. Get your hands dirty and try some of these cutesy ideas that can be used as a future present or as a temporary throw-away. Here are a few fun ideas, get in touch with me if you’d like to learn how I did mine!
- Paper napkin Candy Dish (above)
Since Valentine’s Day is close to Super Bowl Sunday, use a ladies’ party as an opportunity to do a little bit of work so that by Thursday night the 13th, you won’t be scrambling and worrying about what you’re doing for your significant other. Plus since many of us are in sort of a gray area when it comes to watching the Big Game (don’t hate football, just aren’t that into it), organize a fun-filled fiesta that utilizes your creativity to the max!