Here are some Christmas menu ideas for you this holiday season:
- Vegetarian Christmas. If you or someone from your family is a vegetarian, there are plenty of vegetarian dishes you can prepare for the holiday season. Feel the spirit of Christmas with grilled figs, or a porcini mushroom pate. Prepare a delicious salad with your favorite vinaigrette, some cherry tomatoes, and sugared walnuts. For dessert, prepare pudding ice cream topped with the freshest berries you can find!
- Glazed ham. For some, holidays are not complete without an old-fashioned glazed ham that is not bought from the grocery store. The cooking time may take a couple of hours, but your efforts will be rewarded with a delicious ham that will get you right into the holiday mood. With ingredients such as Dijon mustard, brown sugar, thyme, pineapple juice, pineapple rings, and maraschino cherries, this holiday ham is sure to be a hit with the entire family.
- Asian flavors. If you want to steer away from the traditional Christmas dishes, why not try Asian flavors. This BBQ Thai prawn recipe with tamarind and coconut is sure to do the trick. Not only is it delicious, it is also easy to cook and prepare, which is perfect for the busy holiday season. You can serve this during family brunch or appetizers before dinner.
- Christmas turkey. If you have a Thanksgiving hangover, this turkey recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds. This is great for big families or if you are having friends over during your Christmas dinner. The turkey is flavored with herbs such as bay leaf, sage, rosemary, and thyme as well as garlic and lemon. Furthermore, it has a glaze made of apricot jam and lemon zest. To top it all off, you can pour over delicious gravy!
- Holiday dessert. Your Christmas menu won’t be complete without holiday dessert. Instead of having old-fashioned fruitcake, try making one with a twist! This fruitcake recipe comes with pecan marzipan and brandy butter icing. The baking time takes two hours, but this is another dish that is well-worth waiting for. It has ingredients such as prunes, nuts, currants, raisings, spice, and dried fruits. That’s Christmas in your mouth!
These are just some of the dishes that you can prepare for your Christmas menu. If you are in need of ideas, browse recipe books or flip through your family’s own cookbook. You are sure to find something good in between the pages. For a special Christmas menu, try adding your own twist by incorporating a few of your favorite ingredients into classic Christmas recipes. Happy holidays!