With the Rainier, we get a Convertible + Booster Car Seat, that can be used on children starting from birth at 5 pounds all the way up to 120 pounds. The features include a seat that starts out as a rear facing car seat for infants and small children up to 50 pounds, than turned around for kids 50 - 90 pounds, using the 5 point harness. This seat can then be used as your children grow, up to 120 pounds, as a booster seat.
From a parents perspective, I like that the Rainier is not only a car seat that can grow with children from birth up to the booster seat stage, but I also find the ease of installation with the SuperLATCH™ system to be a plus for me. When it comes to the safety features, I can really appreciate the 5 point harness, and the ease of adjusting it as my little one grows. With this seat you will find that there are 12 height positions, along with EPS foam which surrounds the child's head and body for complete side impact protection.
- Full steel frame and aluminum reinforced sides for unmatched safety
- Reinforced extra deep sidewalls lined with energy-absorbing foam give Rainier superior head and body protection
- Comfortably seats rear-facing children from 5 to 50 lbs
- Highest forward-facing capacity of any car seat in a 5-point harness: from 20-90 lbs (up to 57" in height)
- Converts to booster mode for children between 50 and 120 lbs. (up to 57" in height)
- Unique SuperLATCH system that makes installation easy
- Space saving design allows extra room for passengers while providing spacious interior for child
- Folds flat for travel and is FAA certified
- NCAP crash tested, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions
Then from my toddler's perspective, aside from him feeling like such a big boy in his new seat, he likes that he can easily keep his sippy cup at his side using the cup holder. He also seems to really like the comfort that this seat offers, due to the fact that he had no problem falling asleep while he runs errands with me. Which in all, makes the Rainier from Diono a great seat to have for anyone who is expecting a little one, or even has older little ones, since it is a car seat that grows with your kids!
Well to help with keeping those little ones safe, especially when the roads are slick, the wonderful people from Diono would like to give one of my amazing readers their own Rainier Convertible + Booster Car Seat!
Product received, thank you to Diono as well as the PR for supplying me with a product for this review, all opinions are my own.