The new year is here and the weather is cold, and like many who have made those resolutions, I find that when it comes to finding the foods to go with that offer a healthy option during these cold months, that those hot food dishes are always a great way to go. For me, I adore my oatmeal, and when it comes to the oatmeal that I enjoy I like to be able to eat it not only for breakfast but add it to other dishes as well. So when I found out that January is National Oatmeal Month, and was sent a pack of oatmeal from the Nature's Path line up, I was excited to check them out and try some of the amazing recipes from the Nature's Path site!
See with the oatmeal varieties that I can get from the Nature's Path line up, I can create a variety of dishes that are not just your basic oatmeal dishes. These include ones like the Hot Oatmeal Raisin Bars, which give me a great go to breakfast or snack item that is tasty and that is great for taking on the go. I also like that along with the recipe for the Hot Oatmeal Raisin Bars, that there are more that I can choose from when I head to the Nature's Path site, allowing me to get more from the oatmeal I adore, and also giving me some variety as we celebrate National Oatmeal Month!
Here are five ways to celebrate National Oatmeal Month:
· Get Savory: No need to stick to sweet add-ins or think only breakfast, try Oatmeal Risotto with Mushrooms and Kale, White Bean and Mushroom Bake, or Cheesy Oats with Tomato, Avocado and Spinach.
· Make “zoats”: Amp up the nutrition even more with zucchini oats! Just grate zucchini (for a boost of potassium, vitamin C and vitamin A and just 19 calories a cup) and add to Nature’s Path Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal for a creamy, delicious, nutritious start to your morning.
· Drink to your health: oatmeal makes a nutritious base for beverages like Oatmeal latte or Homemade oat milk.
· Sleep On it: Make overnight oats and wake up to a delicious mason jar of flavor, try Coconut Cranberry Overnight Oats or Overnight Oats with Crunchy Sunrise Topping
· Think outside the bowl: Take your oatmeal on the go with Oat and Yogurt Breakfast Bars Hot Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars, or Hot Oatmeal Raisin Bars
Then when it comes to learning more about the benefits that myself and my family can get by adding the Nature's Path Oatmeal varieties to our diet, I like that I can head to the Nature's Path each Friday during the month of January at 11am PST and tune in as nutritionists share their daily routines and how they start their days with oatmeal! Which in all makes celebrating National Oatmeal Month with Nature's Path a fun way to explore the different products, recipes and health benefits that oatmeal has to offer! And to help with celebrating National Oatmeal Month, the wonderful people from Nature's Path would like to give one of my amazing readers a prize pack valued at $50!
Product received, thank you to Nature's Path as well as the PR for supplying me with a product for this review, all opinions are my own.