Like every mom out there, I want the best for my kids. When looking for fruits to feed my children I want to feed them the freshest and the best quality. So I know that when I buy Chaquita Bananas, I am getting fresh good quality bananas for my family!!
Recently I was asked to be a Chaquita Mom. I love Chaquita Bananas and we already use them in my home on a regular basis, so I did not hesitate to accept! I was sent a Chaquita Moms Pack, and in this pack I was given, there were some Chaquita Banana Freezer Bags, for you to store and freeze your bananas in. On the bag there are instructions on how to freeze a banana. Which I have found to be very helpful! I also received a Chaquita Mom Shopping Bag, an information book, some coupons for some Chaquita Bananas, and a kids Chaquita dinnerware set! The information in the book is great. They show you so many different things you can do with bananas as well as tips and facts!! This Chaquita Moms pack is great and has been very useful in our home! I have also found the Chaquita Bananas website to be of great use as well. There you can get some really great recipes to use with bananas, tips and so much more! Here is one of the recipes that I just had to try, and yes it is as good as it looks!!!
Moist Chiquita Banana And Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 5 Chiquita Bananas, skin should have brown spots
- 5 Sweet potatoes, medium size
- 1 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Honey, brown sugar or splenda brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Wheat flour
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 2 cups Walnuts
- Instructions For:
- Moist Chiquita Banana And Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a fork, poke holes in sweet potatoes and bake for 1 hour. Add whole bananas in their skin and bake an additional 15 minutes in the oven. Once cooled peel and place in mixer with sugar butter salt cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until smooth. Place mixture in a 3-6 inch diameter pre-greased pan and set aside. Then in same mixing bowl add walnuts, wheat flour and brown sugar and mix for 30 seconds. Spread on top of casserole and bake in oven at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes and serve.
- Tip: You can make this casserole one day before your event.
- Tip: They can also be cooked in round ramekins for a nice presentation.
This recipe is a great one to use when hosting parties to really impress your guests!! The wonderful people from Chaquita Bananas would like to give 5 of my readers the same Chaquita Moms Kit I had received, courtesy of Chaquita Bananas!!
Go to the Chaquita Bananas site and tell me something you learned or which of the recipes you like on the site! Leave me your email with this comment!
Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway daily
Follow me on Facebook
Grab my button and leave the URL to where I may find it
Blog about this giveaway and leave the URL to the post (5 entries)
This giveaway is open to US residents. This giveaway will end at midnight on January 16,2011. Winner will be chosen at random.org and will be given 48 hours before another winner will be chosen. All products for reviews and giveaways are given as a sample from the companies. All opinions in reviews I conduct are my own. I was not paid to say anthing or review any products.