Ever since I was little, one name comes to mind when I think of grape juice, Welch’s. Welch’s grape juice is a child hood favorite of mine and is also a favorite of my kids as well. I love how Welch’s Grape Juice is not only very tasty but is also good for you and your family in so many ways. There are also so many things you can do with Welch’s Grape Juice other than just drink it! I was given a coupon, courtesy of Welch’s so I could try out some of these yummy recipes they gave me! I will also be giving one of my lucky readers a coupon to get their own bottle of Welch’s Grape Juice to try some of these recipes as well!
1 ½ tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice,
½ cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice, ¼ cup water,
1 teaspoon fresh squeezed orange juice
½ cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice, ½ cup seltzer
½ cup brewed herbal peach tea, ¼ cup Welch’s
100% Grape Juice, ¼ cup seltzer
½ cup seltzer, 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon
juice, ¼ cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice
¾ cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice, 1 tablespoon
fresh squeezed lime juice, 1 tablespoon fresh
squeezed orange juice
¾ cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice, 2 teaspoons
fresh squeezed lemon juice, ¼ cup freshly
squeezed orange juice, sliced fresh fruit
DIANE’S ROASTED FENNEL, PEAR & ARUGULA SALAD with
For Dressing For Salad
½ cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup Kefir Plain Lowfat Yogurt
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Kikkoman Lime Ponzu Sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
dash of cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
5 C baby arugula; washed and dried
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 pear; cored and quartered
1 fennel bulb; cored and quartered
1 small red onion; halved and sliced
1 tablespoon Chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Make the dressing: Whisk all ingredients for dressing in a bowl. Set aside.
3. In a small, rimmed baking sheet, drizzle olive oil over fennel and season with salt and pepper.
Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
4. Uncover, turn fennel over, add pears, cut side up and bake for another 15 minutes or until
fennel is tender. Transfer to a plate.
5. Thinly slice fennel and dice pears.
6. Combine arugula and onion in a large bowl. Add fennel and pears and toss gently.
7. Toss salad with half of the dressing.
8. Sprinkle with Chia seeds and serve with additional dressing on the side.
GRAPE INFUSED FORTUNE COOKIES
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly
coat baking sheet with canola oil.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large
bowl. Set aside.
3. Whisk liquid ingredients together in
4. Add liquid ingredients to dry
ingredients and whisk vigorously until
the batter is smooth.
5. Spoon one tablespoon of batter onto the cookie sheet and pat the cookie sheet on counter
gently to thin to a 4 inch circle. Repeat.
6. Set cookie sheet in the oven; bake for about 10 minutes or until the cookies begin to brown
lightly. Remove 1 cookie from oven with a spatula….leave other cookies in oven with door
open until ready to use.
7. Flip it over and place a fortune in the center, fold in half then fold over edge of a bowl to
make the fortune cookie shape. Set cookies muffin tin to keep their shape until cool (2
cookies per muffin section works well).
8. Repeat process with remaining cookies.
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
3 egg whites
1/3 cup Welch’s 100% Grape Juice
oil for cookie sheet
WELCH’S FAMILY VINE TOOL & YOUR HEART HEALTH HISTORY
• Diet and exercise affect your heart but so do your genes. That’s why it’s important to
understand your family’s heart health history.
• With this in mind, Welch’s has developed a tool, the Welch’s Family Vine Tool, which
enables families to track and record their personal health histories and share the results
among relatives. Since your heart health is often impacted by other medical and nutrition
factors, it’s important to assess your overall health with your doctor. For more visit,
ADDITIONAL “FOOD FOR THOUGHT”
• Fruits, vegetables, and their juices, including Concord grapes and Concord grape juice, have
essential vitamins, minerals and beneficial plant nutrients, like polyphenols.
• Did you know that many of the polyphenols in Concord grapes are the same as those found in
red wine? Growing research suggests that certain polyphenols may play a role in supporting
• Research also suggests that drinking Concord grape juice may benefit the heart by helping to
maintain healthy, clear, and flexible arteries to promote healthy blood flow. The Grape Science
Center is a valuable resource to learn about the growing Concord grape research in areas
like heart health, cognitive health, immune system health and more. For more information
on the science behind the Concord grape’s health benefits, visit the Grape Science Center at
As part of its second annual Harvest Grants program, Welch’s Foods Inc. announced the 100 elementary schools nationwide who will receive gardening grants. The program is a partnership between Welch’s®, Scholastic Parent & Child® magazine and the National Gardening Association and provides children the opportunity to learn the importance of incorporating fruits and vegetables into their diet and gain a heightened awareness of what they eat and where it comes from by planting, tending, and eventually harvesting their own fruits and vegetables at school.
To date, 200 schools have been recognized as Welch’s Harvest Grants award winners. The top-five winning schools receiving $1,000 Harvest Grants in 2011 include:
· Doris Henderson Newcomers School, Greensboro, NC
· Sonoma Charter School, Sonoma, CA
· PS 107, Brooklyn, NY
· Goldsboro Elementary School, Sanford, FL
· Louise A. Conley Elementary School, Whitman, MA
For complete details and official rules for the Harvest Grants and Welch’s, visit:
One lucky reader will win a coupon that is good for one of the Welch’s 100% Grape Juice or 100% Juice Blend in a 46oz, 64oz or 96oz bottle!!
Follow me on Twitter
Tweet About This Giveaway Daily
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Networked Blogs
Subscribe to my email
Grab my button and leave the URL to where I may find it (2 entries)
Blog about this giveaway and leave the URL to the post (5 entries)
This giveaway is open to US residents. This giveaway will end at midnight on June 8,2011. Winner will be chosen at random.org and will be given 48 hours before another winner will be chosen. All products for reviews and giveaways are given as a sample from the companies. All opinions in reviews I conduct are my own. I was not paid to say anthing or review any products.
This review and giveaway was made possible by the Harvest Grants program!