As a fellow parent, I know raising kids isn’t always easy. As our world becomes more technologically inclined, we face even more challenges. Keeping our kids safe when they are online becomes a primary concern, especially as they get older and learn their way around the web. Short of banning internet usage altogether, it’s impossible to keep an eye on everything a child does online, even when you are in the same room. Or I should say, it used to be impossible, but it’s not anymore! I’d like to introduce you to an innovative parental internet monitoring program called Care4Teen.com. This just-launched website offers parents complete access to, and control over, their children’s online activities.
Here are just a few brief benefits of Care4Teen.com:
- Remote access. This means that you never have to be out of touch with your child’s activities online. You simply login to your account from any computer or device with internet access and you are taken to the page which displays all of your child’s activities, as further outlined below.
- Intuitive blocking of websites. Care4Teen.com automatically blocks a large number of websites, either because of their blatant inappropriate content or because the majority of other parents have black-listed the site. There is also a comprehensive white list of websites with over 3 million websites available to your children.
- Complete parental control. Although Care4Teen acts intuitively with the blocking of sites, you as the parent retain complete control of your child’s online activity. You can choose to block certain sites which are white listed or allow sites which are black listed. Additionally, you can choose to have the program run with restricted or unlimited access, depending on who is using the computer at any time.
- In-depth tracking and monitoring. The Care4Teen system includes many layers of built-in tracking and monitoring features. In addition to the intuitive blocking of websites, the program also records each URL visited, the length of time on each site, 10 second video clips captured every 2 minutes and random screen shots.
- There is NO-CHARGE for this service. Simply download the software on your computer and you’re all set!
I invite you to try out Care4Teen yourself. You can take a tour of the program at this link – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKoqJBtVSAk
Thanks for the info… Thank God I don't need it yet, my girl is 2 years old xD
I love stumbling across new info/research online. I've got awhile yet before I have to worry about Sophie touching a computer, but its helpful to know there ARE preventative measures out there for when the time comes! Thanks Mommy Katie!
We are having a major war in our house over this! I'm off to check out the you tube tour. If this continues for the next few year, I'll need some more Clairol!
Thanks for telling us.
Thanks for sharing this.