I know that with my family, I try to find healthier ways to make food for my family to eat. We love baking and cooking in my home. Both my husband and I take turns in the cooking in our home. So when I was sent some of the new Gold Medal White Whole Wheat Flour to try out, I was interested in finding recipes to use this flour with! This is a whole grain flour but with the similar taste and texture of the all-purpose white flour we use on a regular basis. I went to the Betty Crocker website and looked through the Gold Medal White Whole Wheat Flour recipes that they had. My husband loves baked goods and he loves to bake as well, one of his favorite desserts is snickerdoodle cookies. So I decided to surprise him and make him some snickerdoodle bars. This recipe was perfect and was easy to make!
Here is what you will need:
cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
teaspoons baking powder
cup butter or margarine, softened
cups granulated sugar
cup packed brown sugar
tablespoon granulated sugar
cup powdered sugar
to 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spray or grease bottom only of a 13×9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on high speed until creamy. Beat in sugars. Gradually beat in eggs and vanilla into sugar mixture until combined. On low speed, beat in dry ingredients until combined.
- Spoon half the batter into pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over batter.
- Dollop teaspoon size amounts of remaining batter evenly over cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, stir glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over bars. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
Makes 24 bars
There are so many things you can make with this flour from pizza dough to cookies. There are many recipes available or you can make your own!
- Unlike most whole wheat flours that are made from hard red spring wheat, Gold Medal White Whole Wheat flour is made with hard white spring wheat. So, it’s whole grain, but with a similar taste and texture to all-purpose white flour.
- Perfect for family favorite recipes like breads, pizza dough, cookies, muffins and brownies, Gold Medal White Whole Wheat flour bakes up golden and has a milder flavor than baked goods made with regular whole wheat flour.
- Start by simply substituting whole wheat white flour for 25 to 50 percent of the recipe’s flour content.
- You may wish to add an extra tablespoon or two of the liquid used in the recipe when substituting Gold Medal White Whole Wheat flour or decrease the amount of flour by one to two tablespoon for recipes that call for all-purpose flour.
The wonderful people from Betty Crocker would like to give you the chance to try some wonderful recipes as well with the new Gold Medal White Whole Wheat Flour by giving one of my readers a wonderful Gold Medal prize pack like the one pictured below!! This great pack includes a Gold Medal cookie jar, a VIP coupon for a bag of the new Gold Medal White Whole Wheat Flour, recipe cards and instructions for conversion!!
Check out the recipe site and tell me what Gold Medal White Whole Wheat Flour recipe you would love to try!! Please leave me your email with this entry!!
Follow me on Twitter
Tweet About This Giveaway Daily (+1 daily)
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Networked Blogs
Subscribe to my email
Grab my button and leave the URL to where I may find it (2 entries)
Blog about this giveaway and leave the URL to the post (5 entries)
Leave a comment on any of my non giveaway posts ( 2 entries per post )
Enter any of my other giveaways ( 1 entry per giveaway)
This giveaway is open to US residents. This giveaway will end at 11:59 pm on October 22,2011. Winner will be chosen at random.org and will be given 48 hours before another winner will be chosen. All products for reviews and giveaways are given as a sample from the companies. All opinions in reviews I conduct are my own. I was not paid to say anything or review any products.
Disclosure: The Gold Medal White Whole Wheat flour product, information, and giveaway have been provided by Gold Medal through MyBlogSpark.
Last Updated on