For a novel way to celebrate Valentine’s Day, how about surprising that special someone with new and exciting Valentine’s Day content fromKids.NationalGeographic.com? You will find a selection of kid-friendly Valentine’s Day-themed games, fun activities, in-depth stories and adorable videos, such as:
- Zipper: Puppy Love [Activity]: Create the ultimate Valentine’s Day e-card for a friend by arranging dozens of objects, such as hearts, flowers and pets, on a colorful background. Once you are satisfied with the card, just click the “Send to a Friend” button.
- Animals in Love [Video]: Love is in the air as cute animals from around the world show their affection for one another.
- Can Animals Be Nice [Story]: A recent scientific study found that animals living in groups, such as elephants, foxes, and wolves, are likely to follow a clear set of rules. Scientists believe that animals know to stick together to prevent their group from breaking apart.
- Quiz Your Noodle! The Heart [Game]: The heart is an iconic symbol for love throughout the world. But how much do we know about the way the heart functions within the human body?
You can find these Valentine’s Day highlights and more by visiting the National Geographic Kids Activities page on kids.nationalgeographic.com.
YOU WILL NEED
- Tissue paper
- Pipe cleaner
- Optional: Scissors
1. Place four to six pieces of tissue paper on a hard surface.
2. Fold all of the pieces together like an accordion.
3. Tie the center of the folded paper with a pipe cleaner.
4. Gently pull each piece of paper towards the top center of the flower, separating each sheet of paper from the others and forming the petals of the flower.
5. Repeat steps one through four to create more flowers.
Last Updated on