This Halloween, we will all be scurrying around to get that look, that look that we are aiming for. Halloween is the one time of year that I love because it gives me the chance to play dress up as an adult and get away with it in public, lol. I grew up in a family of actors, so when it came to doing makeup and dressing up, I got to see my parents do it at all different times of the year. I, unfortunately, do not have the gift of acting, so to say, so my time to dress up and be something that I am not is Halloween. This year, I was sent some great products from P&G to try out and use for my Halloween costume this year. I really do not have a name for what I am this year, but the pieces that I found from here and there go together and the makeup and hair products that I was sent, makes my costume complete!! Along with the I guess, the vampiress look that I am going with this year, I was also given info on how to make the hottest looks this year work for your Halloween costume!!
To get the Katniss look you will want to follow these instructions:
1. Start with a clean face and dry hair.
2. Use a dollop of Pantene Beautiful Lengths Strengthen and Smooth Finishing Crème to add texture and smooth frizziness.
3. Starting on the side where the hair is parted, pull a fairly large section of hair from behind the ear to start a reverse French braid – almost like a corn row.
4. Grab small sections as you go, making sure the braid is tight.
5. Angle to braid so it swoops down around the neck.
6. Secure the end of the braid with an elastic band.
7. Take about an inch of hair from around the face and wiggle it out of the braid.
8. Loosely wrap that section of hair around the barrel of a curling iron and set.
9. Spray hair with Pantene Pro-V Stylers Anti-Humidity Maximum Hold Hairspray.
10. Pull out another strand of hair on the opposite side and let it hang loose or pin it back if it’s too long.
11. Starting at the top, massage the braid to pull it apart loosely so it’s not super structured.
12. Once complete, the braid should look a little bit messy.
13. Remember to keep makeup simple because Katniss is a hunter. Start with COVERGIRL + Olay Pressed Powder in a shade darker than your normal skin tone to warm up the complexion. Apply where the sun would naturally tan your face…
14. Use COVERGIRL Outlast All-Day Lipcolor on lips and cheeks to create a subtle sunburn effect.
15. Coat the top and bottom lashes with COVERGIRL LashBlast Volume mascara.
16. When you’re finished, you should have a wilderness look, like you’ve been hunting for days!
Then if you want to go for the True Blood Look, you can go with these simple steps:
1. Start with a clean face and dry hair.
2. Using a soft shadow brush, apply a generous layer of COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers in Brown Smolder to your upper and lower eyelid.
3. Create a smoky-eye by applying brown eyeliner to your upper and lower lash lines.
4. Curl eyelashes and apply two coats of COVERGIRL LashBlast Volume mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
5. Add bronzer to the forehead, chin, and cheekbones to contour your face.
6. Create an ethereal glow by applying shimmer to the eyes and cheekbones.
7. Now use the COVERGIRL OutLast All-Day Lipcolor on lips to give that just bitten, sexy look.
8. Add “bite marks” on your neck using the same Lipcolor.
9. Onto the hair! First start by misting Pantene Pro-V Stylers Heat Protection Spray all over.
10. Next, separate hair’s layers to make the curling process easier.
11. Grab a 1 – 1.5 inch section of hair, wrap around the barrel of a curling iron and roll left.
12. Grab another section of hair, but this time, roll right.
13. Repeat steps 11 and 12 until the whole head is curled.
14. Next, gently go through strands with your fingers to break up curls and add volume.
15. Finally, spray Aussie You Can Shine Spray Gloss throughout to boost shine.
16. Voila! Now you have the True Blood look.
Whichever look you go with this Halloween, I found that adding the beauty products mentioned in the looks above from P&G, helped make my look complete!!
This was not a paid post and honest/original opinions were used and they are my own. Thank you to the company and/or pr agency who supplied the product for review.
Last Updated on