January is a month where we seek out ways to eat healthier and follow so we can stick to those resolutions we made on the 1st. To help with keeping those resolutions going and to also help with celebrating Oatmeal Month for the month of January, I was sent some products from Nature’s Path Organics along with some recipes to try as well!
I like that with the overnight oats recipes that I was given to try out, I can look forward to a tasty and healthy breakfast in the mornings! You can try these recipes as well by checking out the ones below!
You can find the Coconut Cranberry Overnight Oats with Qi’a™ Pure Oats Oatmeal here: http://us.naturespath.com/recipe/coconut-cranberry-overnight-oats-qiatm-pure-oats-oatmeal
For the Healthy in a Hurry Overnight Oats recipe go here: http://desireerd.com/2015/02/09/healthy-in-a-hurry-blueberry-overnight-oats/
Sweet Pumpkin Overnight Oats (created by Registered Dietitian Ashley Koff)
- 1 packet Nature’s Path Original Oatmeal OR Nature’s Path Gluten Free Homestyle Plain Oatmeal
- 3/4 cup sweet pumpkin, mashed (can also use sweet potato)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 2 tbsp raw organic cacao powder
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract, optional
- 4 tbsp hemp seeds
1. In a medium bowl, place the pumpkin and stir in the cayenne, cacao, and cinnamon;
2. Continue to stir in the hemp and chia seeds until well-combined
3. Stir in the oats, non-dairy milk, and vanilla (if using)
4. Separate the mixture into two mason jars
5. Cover with lids and refrigerate overnight, or a minimum of 3 hours
6. Wake up in the morning and enjoy
*Note: if too thick, add a Tablespoon of non-dairy milk and stir; if too mushy you can add an additional tablespoon of chia seeds, stir in, wait 30 minutes before eating.
*Need a stimulant boost: add a shot of espresso (instead of drinking your coffee)
Product received, thank you to Nature’s Path Organics as well as the PR for supplying me with a product for this review, all opinions are my own.