Like so many who have followed along over the years, and have anticipated each release, we find that just like previous releases, we were very excited for the newest edition to the Star Wars saga to be available to bring home. We went to the theater to see Rogue One: A Star Wars Story on the big screen, then after seeing it in the theater, we counted down the days for the release to home video. So when we were sent a copy of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story on Blu-Ray to review, we were excited to not only watch the movie over and over again from home, but also watch all of the amazing bonus features as well.
In this movie you get a few of the old characters that we can remember from previous movies in the Star Wars series, along with new ones, and a story that helps to bring other aspects from the series of movies into a better perspective. Just as in previous movies, the people are in a time of conflict where a group of unlikely heroes come together to make things right, even if it might cost them their lives, knowing what they must do in order to give others hope. In doing so, they not only become heroes to the people, but legends in a way for taking things that they know they must take on, into their own hands and paving the way for others. Along with the movie itself, we also found the bonus features to be very enjoyable as well.
Bonus features include*:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes– – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars universe.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
Which in all made the adding of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story on Blu-Ray, a great addition to our family movie night and a great choice to go with for any Star Wars fan when seeking those Easter Basket gifts to give this year!
Product received, thank you to Disney Movies as well as the PR for supplying me with a product for this review, all opinions are my own.