Family movie night is a night that we look forward to in my house. It allows us to each select shows and movies we are interested in and share them with everyone and also allows us to add those new must see releases to the list as well. And like many Disney fans out there, we find that when there are new additions to add from the movies from Disney, that they are a must watch in our house. So when we were sent the new Blu-Ray, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales to review, we were excited to add it to our family movie night line up and also add it to our Pirates of the Caribbean collection!
In this movie, you see some familiar faces as well as some new ones. One such face is that drunken pirate, Captain Jack Sparrow, who finds that another one of his debtors is coming to collect on what he owes them. You also come across some new faces, ones who are part of some of the familiar faces from the Pirates of the Caribbean series, and who find that they must put their trust in the pirate known as Jack Sparrow in order to find answers that they are seeking.
We found this edition to be a great one to go along with the other movies from the series, filled with humor, adventure and those elements of the fantasy that has enticed fans everywhere! Along with the movie that we enjoyed we also found the bonus materials to be a great addition to the story. The bonus materials that can be found when you get a Blu-Ray copy include the following:
Bonus features include*:
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL in HD:
- Dead Men Tell More Tales: The Making of a New Adventure – Get unique access into the making of this exciting new “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie with this collection of revealing and entertaining stories that you can view individually or as a “play all.”
- A Return to the Sea – Two talented filmmakers, Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, team up to bring “Pirates of the Caribbean” back to the screen. Hear how this new chapter of the tale was developed.
- Telling Tales: A Sit-down with Brenton & Kaya – Meet Brenton Thwaites and Kaya Scodelario, the young actors behind Henry and Carina. The two sit down together for a revealing conversation on becoming a part of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film franchise and its continuing legacy.
- The Matador & The Bull: Secrets of Salazar & The Silent Mary – Oscar-winner Javier Bardem reveals more about his menacing new character and the foreboding ship he helms.
- First Mate Confidential – Go on-set along with Kevin McNally, the affable actor behind the feisty Mr. Gibbs, Captain Jack’s reliable first mate from all five movies.
- Deconstructing the Ghost Sharks – Peer below the depths at how these ferocious, mythical monsters were designed and brought to life.
- Wings Over the Caribbean – Captain Jack has a memorable encounter with Sir Paul McCartney – rock ‘n’ roll royalty.
- An Enduring Legacy – Take one more look at the “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” experience and the impact of “Pirates of the Caribbean” — the movies, the ride and beyond.
- Bloopers of the Caribbean
- Jerry Bruckheimer Photo Diary
- Deleted Scenes
- Henry Turner Learns a Lesson from Captain Jack
- A Whale in Poseidon’s Tomb
- Alternate Coda: Murtogg & Mullroy “Flogging”
Which in all makes the choice to add Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales on Blu-Ray to our family movie night, a choice that we all appreciated and one you can too when you bring home your copy on October 3, 2017!!
Product received, thank you to Disney Movies as well as the PR for supplying me with a product for this review, all opinions are my own.
These movies never interested me maybe it was the commercials but have never watched more than 5 minutes before changing the channel. Now my nieces and their families loves these movies. They rewatch ever chance the get
I loved the first movie. The second one not so much. And I wasn't interested in the third one. But this latest Pirates installment intrigues me because of Javier Bardem!