When it comes to my kids and finding those toys they enjoy playing with, I have learned that with my youngest son, he adores anything that has to do with trains. From his fascination with watching trains go by, to his collection of toy trains and sets he enjoys playing with on his train table, we have learned that when we are seeking a toy to keep him engaged with, trains can be exactly what he wants! With that said, my little guy not only likes watching big trains and playing with toy trains but also watching the Thomas & Friends movies. So when we were sent a collection of the new, Thomas & Friends Wooden Toys to review from Mattel, we were excited to check them out and share with our readers.
With the new Thomas & Friends wooden toys, we get a great selection of easy to build tracks that with the trains included, along with others we can add to our sets, can ride along on. We get universal connectors with each track, allowing them to fit together every time, which allows my son to put the tracks together easily, over and over again and enjoy independent play. I also like that aside from the ease of setting up the tracks, that the wood is made from sustainable beech wood, which gives us that classic look from the play sets we enjoyed when we were kids, with a more modernized material!
The sets we were sent include:
Thomas & Friends™ Wood Racing Figure-8 Set (FHM65)
SRP: $39.99 | Ages 3+
- Redesigned with kid-friendly, easy-to-build track and made with sustainably sourced wood, this Figure-8 Set has a unique connector design so there’s no wrong way to build!
- Kids can race, help the Mayor ride along in Bertie, raise and lower the drawbridge, and move the crossing gates, just like a real railway.
- Includes Thomas, Bertie the bus, plastic poseable figure, 2 track adaptors, full figure-8 track layout with station, accessory piece, crossing gates and drawbridge
Thomas & Friends™ Wood Lift & Load Cargo Set (FHM66)
SRP: $69.99 | Ages 3Y+
- Redesigned with kid-friendly, easy-to-build track and made with sustainably sourced wood, the Lift & Load Cargo Set encourages kids to build by themselves as they load and unload cargo
- Poseable Charlie figure can sit in the sliding crane and lift and lower the cargo pieces
- Magnet connectors allow connection of trains to other trains and cargo cars
- Includes Charlie, 2 Troublesome Trucks, 2 cargo pieces, 2 track adaptors, and track layout with transfer crane, cargo loading station, ramps, and 4-way crossing with knob to switch the train’s direction
Thomas & Friends™ Wood Engines
SRP: $10.99 | Ages 2+
- Encourage imaginative play with the iconic, redesigned Thomas & Friends™ Wood toy engines, compatible with redesigned track and classic Thomas & Friends™ Wooden Railway track (sold separately and subject to availability)
- Premium, high-quality construction, made with sustainably sourced wood
- Collect Thomas and all his friends, including:
- Thomas & Friends™ Wood Thomas (FHM16)
- Thomas & Friends™ Wood Rosie (FHM19)
Then when it comes to the tracks and the possibilities of what my son can build, we like that we can not only build by following the ideas included with the track sets, but also recreate scenes from the shows and movies and even make fun stunt tracks like the one in the video above. Where my son can follow along and build tracks that his trains can race down, jump across and more! Making the new Thomas & Friends Wooden Toys that you can find from Mattel, a great selection that any Thomas & Friends fan will enjoy having and playing with over and over again! And to help with bringing that Thomas & Friends track building fun home for your little ones, the wonderful people from Mattel would like to give one of my amazing readers their own Thomas & Friends Wooden Toys prize pack!
Product received, thank you to Mattel as well as the PR for supplying me with a product for this review, all opinions are my own.