It’s hard to have a chic-looking room, especially when you have a tight decorating budget. But there are smart ways that can make your bedroom look luxurious even if you do not have enough savings.
According to Interior designers, you do not have to spend a fortune on every piece of furniture at home to give it an elegant look.
What most of them suggest is that it is wise to invest in luxurious beds or sofas. They elevate the look of your bedroom or living room. Later, you can tone down on everything else in your home.
How to find the right piece of furniture?
Whether it is a couch or a bed, these should not be bought in haste because they are the most used furniture pieces in the house. There are certain factors that you must all consider before buying them. Here they are mentioned:
- Size of the bed or couch. You can also choose an adjustable bed frame. For partners, make sure it fits king size mattress dimensions.
- The practicality of the furniture must be considered. They should not have glossy surfaces that and require higher maintenance.
- Longevity is also necessary as you are not going to spend on them again and again. They must be durable and made with the reliable material.
- The style is an obvious requirement. The style should be simple yet contemporary.
- Above all, they should offer comfort.
Designing the rest
Once you have selected a piece of furniture on the above instructions, the rest should be easy. You have plenty of space to play with the rest of the things around but make sure they complement the room. Here are a few tips to manage the rest of the design credentials:
- Hire local artisans to make bookcases, console tables, and shelves. This is not only a good way of cutting costs, but also creating job opportunities for the local people.
- You have to be very careful and precise with your instructions about these items. Make sure your local carpenter has the exact design you want by consulting various fashion magazines or online services. That would help you get exactly what you want at an affordable price
- Not everything in the house has to be expensive to look elegant. Many interior designers agree to this that simple accessories can change the feel of the house.
- Pay attention to small details including accessories like lampshades, throw pillows and wallpaper. These things can change the look of any room if done the right way. We all know that all of these do not have to be costly.
- Lightning is an impactful feature. It adds drama and romance for far less money than what most of the people think. Your room will give an exquisite look if you use the right colored lamps.
- Simplicity is key. Note that the accessories depend on the size of the room, so make sure everything is not cluttered.
- If possible, get a custom fit high-quality bedsheet that fits king size mattress dimensions of your bed.
- Even if you are on a budget, we will never recommend you to buy cheap or poor quality items. High-quality products ensure durability while low-quality products make your room look tacky.
- It’s better to pick one expensive piece than going for many cheap smaller items. One big piece will add that “wow” factor that many small ones cannot.
- Play with the space of your house and rooms. An affordable way to tweak your space is by rearranging furniture and introducing décor from other rooms in the house. Adding a simple affordable chair in the bedroom can add a different feel to it.
- Carpets add another dimension to your home décor. But they do not have to be expensive or bright. You can rather pick a simple one that matches the couch and curtains.
- Opt for a minimalist look to make your home look spacious. Instead of jamming shelves with all the unnecessary stuff, better keep it minimal.
- Avoid overcrowding the living room space. Arranging the books also give a neat look. You can either arrange them upright or on top of each other along with tall vases. This will fill the space without overcrowding it.
Last Updated on